Absolute Bet? — Absolute Poker and UltimateBet to merge
eGaming Review Magazine has reported that Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet will officially announce their merger this coming Monday. Details of the merger were not immediately forthcoming.
UltimateBet.com is widely considered the number 6 largest poker room on the net (although well after FullTilt.com and PokerStars) following a mass exodus of some internet poker companies earlier this month from the US market.
Absolute Poker ranks within the lower top 20.
Just one day before US President Bush signed the Unlawful Internet
Gambling Enforcement Act into law, Excapsa Software sold its entire operation to Blast Off Ltd, a privately owned Maltese company, for a reported $130 million. Excapsa, parent company of Ultimate Bet.com, was one of the last publicly traded online gaming companies to divest itself of its US operations prior to the signing of the law. Blast Off Ltd. operates Online Elimination Blackjack ™ and was associated with Excapsa via the Ultimate Blackjack Tour, the brainchild of former WSOP Champion and Team UltimateBet member Russ Hamilton.
Latest Poker News
- Full Tilt Poker Million Dollar Cash Game Announced - 09/7/08
- Nick “NFrost_10” Frost Wins PokerStars $1.5 Sunday Million - 09/7/08
- Obvious Poker Tips From BodogPoker - 09/7/08
- PokerStars Continues To Dominate Online Poker Industry - 09/1/08
- Reviews are in on PokerStars Mac Software - Best Option for Mac Players! - 09/1/08