Poker Merger Rumors Abound
The poker world has been buzzing with rumors that Absolute Poker and UltimateBet will announce a merger in the very near future. The two sites, who are both still taking bets from US residents, will reportedly continue to operate as separate brands if the merger takes place.
There are also rumors that UK bookmaker Ladbrokes is looking into acquiring 888 Holdings, operators of Pacific Poker.
The publicly listed 888 Holdings may sell to Ladbrokes to deal with the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act (UIGEA). It has also been reported that several other companies, including PartyPoker, MGM, and Harrah’s Entertainment are also interested in purchasing 888 Holdings.
As always, Playsolidpoker.com will keep you updated on all breaking news in the Online Poker industry.
Latest Poker News
- Online Poker Room To Host “PKR Live II” In London - 02/23/09
- Dwan Challenge Finally Underway at Full Tilt Poker; “Durrrr” VS Patrik Antonius - 02/23/09
- “HDCowboy” Cracks Absolute Poker $800k Bad Beat Jackpot - 02/23/09
- PokerStars Announces Dates For LAPT Mar del Plata - 02/16/09
- Full Tilt Poker Open Heads-Up $200/$400 PLO For “Durrrr” - 02/16/09